Saturday, October 20, 2018

Sick

It's been a rough week - I caught what I thought was just a cold last weekend, but may actually have been something more serious.  At various times this week I've experienced at least one of these symptoms: sore throat, congestion, fever, fatigue, tickly cough, chesty cough, headache.  It was so bad that I had to actually use one of my sick days on Monday for real, rather than for "mental exhaustion".  (And yes, as well as a set number of vacation days during a year, we also have a set number of sick days we're allowed to take during a year...).  The irony is that I caught this virus during one of the best Octobers we've ever had in the Seattle area - not much rain, plenty of sun, and unseasonably high temperatures.  And another irony is that I had a flu shot scheduled on Thursday - which may or may not have made a difference, since I'm feeling a lot better now than I did at the start of the week.  And yet another irony is that despite my poor health, I played my table tennis nemesis this week and played the best I think I've ever played and trounced him.  Sadly I've probably peaked too early, since we've got a tournament next week...       

No comments:

Post a Comment