Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween

Although I saw some groups of trick and treaters in my neighborhood on the way home today, no one called at my house.  This is the advantage of living at the edge of my neighborhood, hidden from the road and where there isn't a sidewalk.  I didn't even need to pretend I wasn't home.  However, it looked like I wasn't home anyway since I was suffering from a power outage most of this evening.  I wasn't even sure I would be able to write and post this blog.  All my neighbors looked like they had power, so I think it was just me affected.  And so very worried that it might be ages until it got fixed - but fortunately heard them working on the poles on the road outside my place not too long after I had reported the outage, and the power has just come back on.  So that's a relief.  However, it became abundantly clear that I am totally inadequately prepared for losing power in the future for any length of time - I need to buy some candles and suchlike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment