Saturday, October 13, 2018

Ebey's Landing

It was a nice day today so got up early,  drove up to Whidbey Island and did a coastal hike at Ebey's Landing National Historic Reserve.  This has been a hike on my radar for sometime, but for whatever reason I had never done it before.  And that's a shame, because this was a good one.  About 6 miles, with great views over the water throughout, it is a loop that you go up and along a bluff (with a detour to some early settlement buildings and a cemetery) and come back along the shoreline.  That shoreline hike back with the sun beating down on you and heavy going through the sand was surprisingly tough, but at least I had the entire beach almost entirely to myself - if I do this hike again, I'll make sure I time it for low tide!

I'll add some photos to this post tomorrow.     

No comments:

Post a Comment