Monday, October 29, 2018

Choke Artist

Another table tennis match today.  Another classic choke job from me against my nemesis – I lost a lot of points early, and could never recover.  Anxious, tightened up, couldn’t play with power or precision.  Totally disappointing, utterly predictable.  Our team lost anyway regardless of my result (though I certainly didn’t help), so once again I maintain my sad record of having never won any kind of trophy in sports.  Extremely dispiriting.  I think I need to buy myself a participation trophy or something.  Getting very down on myself, this could be a long week.  It certainly won’t involve playing any more table tennis – I need a break from it.

I recorded the Spurs-Man City game and watched it this evening, 3 observations: (1) I really like Man City's purple/orange kit, (2) American football has absolutely ruined the Wembley pitch, (3) Spurs will not challenge for the title this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment