Friday, March 23, 2018

Opposites

I've been in the US long enough now to be plenty used to the American date format of month/day/year - so today is 3/23/2018.  Stupid, yes, but it is what it is.  But what continues to confuse me, even with the many years I've been in the US, is the order of home and away teams when displaying sports scores.  The home team is second, which is not intuitive.  Today, for example, I thought I was watching Exeter vs Bath in rugby, but what I was actually watching was Exeter at Bath.  So that was very confusing.  This game was on a delay, so they were able to switch round the team names in the score for the American audience.  But just to be even more confusing, when they show a live game of football or rugby here they just use the English TV feed with the home team listed first in the score.  What a nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment