Thursday, March 15, 2018

Census

I got some mail recently telling me that I had been "randomly" selected to complete a household survey and provide the information to the United States Census Bureau.  Completion of the survey was mandatory and required by law, so I spent a long 30+ minutes completing it online yesterday evening.  What a pain in the ass.  And a lot of personal data that I wasn't comfortable providing.  They said that the data was protected and would only be used for "statistical purposes" - but with the sheer number of question on residency and citizenship, I wouldn't be surprised if the government use this data to pick up illegals.  They don't send a survey to everyone, so not sure why I happened to be sampled.  But if they try to follow-up with me on my responses, I won't be happy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment