Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Angst

Still majorly unhappy at work.  I’m not sure what is going on with my situation, and it is really stressing me out.  I’ve got one person telling me that I am going to be moving into a different group with a different manager.  But absolutely no mention or indication whatsoever from my current manager that anything is going to change for me.  It’s frustrating, and it’s making me very angsty.  I was told there would be some sort of announcement within a few weeks – and I was told that last week, but nothing yet.  If I’m going to stay in this job, then something does have to change – as I have reached the absolute limit of tolerance with my current manager, who is an absolute nightmare.  But even if I do get a new manager, things may or may not be much better – I’m not going to speculate too much yet, but I may be dropped straight into a Chinese cultural minefield.  Great.  Which is why I continue to keep an eye out for job postings of interest.  Came across one yesterday that piqued my interest – it was a position in Tampa, Florida.  A long way from being an industry hotspot, but a locale I would consider moving to despite never having been there.  I haven’t decided whether to apply – it would be a massive step into the unknown, so I might need some persuading, but that shouldn’t stop me from at least applying?  I don’t know – I don’t particularly want to continue moving from one job to another, and I don’t particularly want to continue moving from one city to another.  Which is why I would be prepared to put all my eggs into a San Diego basket – it’s the one city that I know, I like, and never wanted to leave before.  I still never heard back from the job there that I applied to a while back – which was and is massively disappointing – so I can only hope that another position there opens up soon.  But, sadly, I have no idea how picky I can afford to be nowadays – the gap between applying and actually getting an interview seems to be increasingly widening for me.  Conversely, perhaps I should just take a sabbatical and enjoy life for a few years living off my savings and doing things that I can do without the stress and limits of work commitments?  After all, it’s not like I need to save money towards a college fund for my non-existent kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment