Monday, November 13, 2017

Windy

Most of the greater Seattle area is under a high wind warning today, with gusts over 60 mph.  Accompanying the wind is heavy rain, making for a nasty commute – so I don’t know what time I’ll be leaving work today (I’m writing this at work).  Living where I am now surrounded by trees, I get a bit more worried about this kind of weather than I ever used to since there is a much bigger chance of my being impacted now – whether by a power cut (from the online outage map, looks like my neighborhood is OK so far – but tens of thousands of people in the region are not), stuff coming off the trees (hopefully just leaves, but always paranoid about something bigger) and the increased chance of damage to the relatively old house I live in.  With the amount of stuff that has come down already – I should take and post a photo of my deck – I will probably need to do a lot of clearing up after this storm comes through.  I’m not going to bother raking up leaves, though I might have to clear my driveway if that gets much worse.  I still take having to deal with the kind of stuff anytime over living somewhere like my old apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment