Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Round 2

Round 2 – semi-finals – of the ping pong tournament (advanced bracket) today at work.  My opponent was something of a wild card – someone I had never played before, and never even see play before.  The result: 11-8 11-6 11-4.  A comprehensive win, where I wasn’t really challenged and didn’t need to go out of second gear.  She was advanced enough to use a penholder grip and had a wicked forehand if I left it short on that side.  Unfortunately, that was the only good shot she had and so I was able to play around it – so it proved to be a comfortable, but ultimately unsatisfying, win.  The final is going to be a different proposition against the pre-tournament favorite, and during a happy hour at work with a much bigger crowd.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment