Saturday, November 25, 2017

Darts

In an unexpected and welcome development, it seems that there may be at least one Christmas tradition I might not miss out on this year.  I saw a trailer on BBC America for World Darts!  As long as it's the PDC World Championship, and not the far inferior BDO World Championships, then I am happy.  I know that Sky show the PDC, and BBC show the BDO (do they still show it - does the BBC even broadcast any sports any more?  I don't know and I don't care) - but I wouldn't read anything into the fact that BBC America is broadcasting it here - the fact that they advertised it starting in December implies that is the PDC.  Which is great.  Only thing is that if they show it live, then all the matches will be during mornings.  When I'm at work.  And there is a good chance I will be out of town between Christmas and New Year, with no guarantees of staying somewhere with access to BBC America.  So who knows how much I will actually end up watching, but good to know it is being broadcast here.  That is more than can be said about the Ashes currently going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment