Saturday, November 11, 2017

DVR Films

I can't watch films on US broadcast and cable channels because they are constantly interrupted with adverts, modified to cut out or dub over swear words, and sometimes even cut entire scenes or parts of scenes (don't get me started on why they can't broadcast a swear word, yet all manner of fighting, shooting and violence is deemed acceptable for broadcast).  However, I subscribe to a few premium cable channels (like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz) and these show films uncut and unmodified, as they were meant to be seen.  So I've been recording quite a few films that I will eventually get round to watching - just tonight I'm recording The Lego Batman Movie and Trainspotting 2.  Also taking up space on my DVR: Get Out, Split, John Wick 2, La La Land, The Babadook, Hacksaw Ridge, Carol, Crimson Peak and It Follows.  So in addition to all the TV shows I am watching and recording, I have plenty of films to watch.  All the more reason why I need to get a new sofa, because it seems clear that I'm going to be spending a lot of time on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment