Sunday, November 19, 2017

Unhandyman

I tried to put together some Ikea furniture today.  Much to my chagrin and frustration, I had to give up.  It's not that I can't follow instructions - I did everything I was supposed to, but something was amiss because things weren't lining up and not everything was fitting together.  Ridiculous.  It was driving me crazy, so I just unscrewed and dismantled everything, and I'll try again this week.  I've never had trouble like this before - just within the last 6 months I've put together a chest of drawers that was way more complicated.  But it's clear that I have absolutely zero DIY skills - and renting probably doesn't help because I can just call up my landlord if something goes wrong and needs fixing, rather than trying to deal with it myself.  This just goes to show that I will make a terrible home-owner - and if/when I ever decide to buy a house, it will have to be modern and low maintenance - no fixer-upper for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment