Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Step Challenge

I won a prize!  I signed up for a step challenge we are doing at work.  So I have a pedometer, and have been tracking the number of steps I’ve been doing each day.  Fortunately this 8 week challenge has coincided with some unseasonably good weather in Seattle, so I have been able to get out and about – particularly during the week when I can go for a walk at lunch or after work (which has the added benefit of avoiding the worst of rush hour).  This is something I like to do anyway – a good way to escape my cube and de-stress from work.  Well, at the mid-point of the challenge I have won a “walk star award” in the 10,000 step category!  I’m not entirely sure how this was reached – but I have been averaging over 10,000 steps a day.  Which is great!  So I have won some, wait for it, massage balls.  Yes, something that I will probably never ever use!  But I will try to maintain, if not improve upon, this 10,000 step average.  However, I have a confession.  I have not recorded the number of steps I had on every day of the challenge.  This includes when the battery died in my pedometer, which is understandable, but also during a couple of lazy weekends, which is tantamount to cheating.  I feel guilty, but also more determined than ever to keep up the number of steps I do – particularly at weekends.  Now if only I could also improve my diet then perhaps I might be able to consistently lose some weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment