Monday, May 30, 2016

Game of Thrones S6E6

Unusually, I haven't read any recaps yet of last nights Game of Thrones episode, so there are my unbiased thoughts.  As much as I love Game of Thrones, and I think it might be the only current TV series I would consider recapping in this manner, last night's episode was underwhelming to say the least.  The confrontation in King's Landing was a massive anticlimax, it appears that Arya's adventures in The House of Black and White was just a massive waste of time, we are introduced to another dysfunctional family (with only a not subtle indication that the sword might be quite important), Danny has her dragon back (big whoop), and we have a new (and more articulate, therefore more exposition heavy) Hodor for Bran.  I'm getting inpatient with GoT - there's been more than enough setup, pieces and people moving into place, wheels turning - I want action, I want a payoff, I want to see things happen.  There's only 3 episodes left this season - we are running out of time.  Traditionally, the penultimate episode is the big one - but please let's have more than one big one this season.  I would say I would like to re-watch those series of images Bran saw - I'm sure there was some good stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment