Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sick Day

Not for the first time this year, woke up feeling like crap so decided to take a sick day.  Not sure why I wasn't feeling great - maybe lack of decent sleep, maybe overindulged with food yesterday, maybe something genuinely wrong with me.  But feel a lot better now after a day of doing very little - which included binge-watching some mediocre stuff that had been sitting on my DVR for ages (hello Beowulf).  Perhaps this was more of a "mental health day" - but I think I needed it, especially when you consider that I don't think I've taken a single vacation day this calendar year yet.  That's the problem with only getting 15 annual vacation days - you just don't want to waste them.  Thanks America and your emphasis on employee happiness and a good work-life balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment