Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bowling

A few of us went bowling last night.  I think this might be first time I’ve bowled in maybe 15 years – I don’t remember ever having been to a bowling alley in the States before.  Predictably it was a good laugh, but the quality of bowling left a lot to be desired.  At least I was consistently mediocre – all my scores were between about 100 and 125, with some spares and a couple of strikes thrown in.  I thought I bowled quite solidly, but don’t generate the pace, accuracy or any curve whatsoever to really threaten knocking all the pins down consistently (as opposed to say Wii Bowling, where I think I’ve bowled 250+ before!).  And I didn’t show any particular progression in my game – I think my last score was my lowest, and I didn’t settle on any particular weight of ball throughout the night (and I don’t know if my fingers are particularly pudgy, because I couldn’t find any balls with comfortable sized finger holes either…).  We started bowling quite late after all the league play had finished(something which I think is taken quite seriously here), and I think we were the oldest people there at that time!  But it was enjoyable, and I don’t know if this will turn into a regular thing but I think we will play again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment