Friday, May 13, 2016

Smells

I’ve found yet another thing to complain about where I live.  Here is an extract from the e-mail I sent to the office:

I wanted to quickly update you on the neighbor situation.  I'm afraid to say that something else has come up - it's not noise but it's the smell of cooking odors...!  I don't know whether I've got a new neighbor since I hadn't noticed this before this week.  And I don't know exactly which neighbor it is, but I'm guessing it is someone below me.  The smell may come from outside but is very strong and unpleasant (at least to me) and it is affecting my living situation - so that when I smell it I cannot sit on my deck and I cannot leave my door or windows open since that means the smell gets into my apartment.  Obviously this is a big inconvenience because my apartment gets so hot when it's sunny, and I'd like to be able to vent it - and also be able to sit outside to enjoy it.  If this was a one off I wouldn't say anything, but it's now been about 3 times I've smelt it in the evening this week.  Would it be possible to reach out and say something?

I strongly doubt there is anything they can say or do about it, but it won’t stop me complaining.  I think it is very likely that I will probably move again when my lease is up later in the year.  I’m kind of fed up with living in apartment communities – I’ve had so many issues with neighbors and noise and everything else over the years, and I hardly ever use any of the community amenities to make it worth it.  It is time for a change.  Invariably, I will find something else to complain about no matter where I move to – but I think I have to, and am prepared to, spend a bit more on rent in the hope of finding somewhere a bit more pleasant and peaceful.  If it can improve my quality of home life, then that is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment