Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Labor Day

How did I spend Labor Day?  Well, I couldn't do very much because I've just started taking a new medication for managing my diabetes, and - how do I put this politely - it's going to take my body a little while to adjust to it.  Let's just say I can't be too far away from a toilet.  So instead I've started going through some of the photos from my UK trip, and saving them to my laptop.  I might eventually post some of them onto this blog.  But this task is not easy, because I'm encountering the same issues that I did in the UK - in that some of the photos cause the file conversion process not to work properly.  Thanks Apple for using a specific file format for photos and videos that doesn't work with anything else.  It means I can't use something like the Windows Photos app to import the photos, because it just messes up.  Even copying and pasting the images doesn't work when one of them is "corrupted" (even though I can see the photo perfectly fine on my iPhone).  I've found ways to get around it (mainly via dodgy online file converters), but it's frustrating and time-consuming.  I'm also starting not to trust my iPhone either.  I could have sworn I took a video of the view of the London skyline from Primrose Hill, but there was no such video saved on my phone.  Am I going crazy?