Tuesday, July 2, 2024

York 2

The hotel internet speed is appallingly slow, so I'm not even going to try downloading any photos yet (I'm stubbornly refusing to pay extra for the high speed connection!).  I'll update this blog post later with some photos.  But not the most satisfying day.  Something is definitely amiss.  I'm not eating well and I was feeling unwell last night and had an incredibly restless night's sleep.  So today started a lot later than I hoped and just consisted of a lot of rather aimless walking around.  I should really have planned out my activities a bit better - I don't feel I'm making the most of my brief stay here.  I don't really want to go on one of those touristy open-top buses, but I think maybe I should have signed up for some kind of organized tour (though I cannot be tempted by one of the many evening ghost tours!).  However, I did see most of what I wanted and did complete the loop round the city walls.  But the hordes of tourists are really testing my patience - and I say that as one of the horde.       

No comments:

Post a Comment