Tuesday, July 16, 2024

The Sculpture Park

A random trip today to a sculpture park that is, relatively speaking, in the middle of nowhere in "rural" Surrey.  It describes itself as "possibly the most extensive outdoor display of sculpture in the world".  It basically consists of a number of forest trails that take you past some 850+ sculptures.  And to actually follow all the trails and see all the sculptures takes a lot longer than you'd think (it says 2 miles, but it felt like we walked more than that and we didn't even see everything).  I'm not sure us philistines really appreciated all the art, but I actually really liked the setting and would happily spend more time walking the entire route.  I took a lot of photos, but I'm not sure if I'll get round to including them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment