Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday in the Office

Another depressing day in the office.  I'm already very anxious about my job security - it has dawned on me that I don't have the next project I'm working on lined up yet, which is quite worrying.  And things in the office didn't help my mood today.  I like to go in on Friday because it's normally very quiet and I can get on with things undisturbed.  But not today.  The entire office was empty, apart from the person in the very next cubicle to me.  Very, very annoying - just hearing her typing away was getting on my nerves, and I couldn't get any work done.  And then I went out for lunch, and came back to find my blinds pulled.  Very pissed off, didn't say anything but immediately raised my blinds back up.  She left not long after.  It feels kind of like fighting over an airplane window shade when the window is between rows.  I'm not hiding the fact now that I'm really annoyed by her presence in that particular cubicle - and I really wish she'd move, but I suspect she won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment