Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Shogun

A big TV recommendation for the miniseries Shogun.  I wasn't sure whether a drama series set in 17th century Japan would work.  But 2 episodes in, and Shogun is awesome.  Epic in scale, high production values, samurais, political maneuverings and intrigue that reminds me of Game of Thrones at it's best - this is a high quality show.  No wonder the reviews have been so good.  Makes me want to find out more about Japanese history - something I know very little about.  This is the kind of show that you cannot be distracted by your phone whilst you're watching, it requires concentration and reading a lot of subtitles.  And I was heartened to find out that the series is also acclaimed in Japan - giving more authenticity to it's fictional story.  Check it out if you can.             

No comments:

Post a Comment