Saturday, March 2, 2024

Darts

Just a quick observation, one that I'm sure many other people have already made (particularly at the time of the World Darts Championship over the Christmas period), but there is no way in hell that Luke Littler, the new darts prodigy, is 17 years old (16 when he made the final).  He looks way older - like 15+ years older, minimum.  I guess darts is one of those rare "sports" which will cause premature aging if you've played it since you were a toddler.  But it should still be in the Olympics.  I've thought about getting a dartboard for a while now, but have no idea where I'd hang it.  Not that I have ever, or would ever, be any good at darts.  The only form of darts that I had any degree of competency at was the Jocky Wilson game on my ZX Spectrum.  Where, with uncanny realism, you had to aim darts at the dartboard as your hand drunkenly swayed all over the place.  Classic.     

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Sarah said EXACTLY the same thing when she first saw Luke Littler.

    ReplyDelete