Friday, March 29, 2024

Individual Development Plan

At work we are now required to complete an individual development plan as part of our goal-setting for the year.  In other words, yet another unnecessary change forced upon us and a complete waste of time.  One of the questions we have to answer is - what key development areas (top 1-2) can you identify that could hinder you from achieving your career goals?  I came up with a few possible answers - I'll let you guess which ones I actually used:

- Lack of ambition

- Cynicism

- Not being Chinese, or being able to speak Chinese

- Unwillingness to go outside my comfort zone

- Lack of enthusiasm

- Wariness over recent developments that will impact my job (e.g. outsourcing, A.I.)

- Working with incompetent or over-earnest colleagues

- A refusal to follow along with the herd mentality (particularly the Chinese herd mentality)

- Reluctance to take on direct reports

- Reaching a career ceiling since I don't have any direct reports

- Not taking development goal-setting seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment