Thursday, March 21, 2024

Deadlines

Is it the weekend yet?  It's been another hectic and stressful week of work.  Multiple, overlapping deadlines and way too much work.  I'm fed up dealing with people who are either aggressively overenthusiastic and constantly bugging you (I HATE the introduction of instant messaging to the workplace), or people who are clearly under qualified and incompetent at their job (and, naturally, these are the people that get promoted over me).  Why can't I just quiet quit in peace...?  Unfortunately all this stress is affecting my health, as I have once again not been sleeping well recently.  And I haven't even had time to get out as much as I hoped - for example, cherry blossoms are currently at peak bloom and one of the best places to go is the University of Washington campus.  That is a long but doable lunchtime walk from the office, but I just haven't had the opportunity to make my way there this week.  I don't think the next few weeks are going to be any better either, so it might be time to take a strategic "mental health day" off soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment