Saturday, March 9, 2024

AFL

I'm not going to dwell on Palace once again conceding late and dropping points.  A far too common occurrence this season.  Nope, let's celebrate the fact that this weekend one of my favorite sports - Aussie-Rules Football - started it's new season.  I really need to identify a team to start supporting - there's certainly clubs and specific players that I like and dislike, but not one that really stands out.  There's a few teams that have British-born players, even one that has a US player, but nope that doesn't feel like a good enough reason to support somebody.  I need something better.  Like attending an actual game in person, with the winner earning my fealty.     

1 comment:

  1. When I used to watch it regularly (which I don't now), I supported Geelong - I just liked the name

    ReplyDelete