Friday, March 8, 2024

Football

I thought I'd honor International Women's Day by writing a blog post about football.  Because there is a rather important game on over the weekend.  And no, I'm not talking about Liverpool vs Manchester City.  I'm talking about Palace vs Luton.  If we look at the Premier League table, that third relegation spot is still up for grabs.  At least Luton seem to be putting up a bit of a fight, even if their results don't always show it (the same cannot be said about Burnley or Sheffield United).  Which is why this weekend's game is so important.  If Palace win, I think I'm fairly confident that we will stay up.  However, if Luton win then we are in for a real relegation scrap between Luton, Palace, Forest, Everton, Brentford and Bournemouth for that final relegation spot.  The game is being shown live on telly here, so I might get up early to watch it.       

1 comment:

  1. We need a win fo’ sho’

    But I am tentatively impressed with Glasner (early days though).

    ReplyDelete