Thursday, March 7, 2024

Fire

I am getting increasingly annoyed by the neighbor across the way.  The one that I complain about regularly.  It's the constant outdoor fires that are really bugging me at the moment.  For the last few days he's had a fire going most of the day and evening.  And he's apparently moved the fire pit or whatever he is using to burn whatever it is he is burning to the edge of his property - so it's right in my eye line when I look out of my kitchen window.  I do not want to see a fire every time I look outside.  I don't know what to do about this.  It's not like I can just go round and say something - I don't know these people, they're not exactly just next door, and I'm just far enough away so that their smoke doesn't bother me.  I had printed out a copy of a brochure which goes into the local laws regarding outdoor fires  - I'm fairly sure that they are breaking the law - and thought about posting it in their mailbox today.  But that is either too subtle or too passive aggressive. So I've been thinking about filing a complaint with the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.  I'll start by tracking the days when I see a fire.  Which should be fairly easy - it's basically every single day it's not raining.    

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks quaint, in a deliverance / Appalachia sort of a way.

    You could reciprocate by doing something useful like setting up a moonshine still (instead of lego & jigsaws)

    ReplyDelete