Friday, March 22, 2024

A New Cube

Finally moved desk today - I now have a corner cube on the top floor, one floor up from where I was.  Which is only the 3rd floor (2nd floor in UK terms), so not really that high up.  But the view is slightly better.  The actual move was exhausting - I thought Facilities were supposed to help with the move, but did they heck.  I ended up getting a cart and boxes and doing it myself, including swapping chairs in order to keep my old chair.  But because I've accumulated so much junk over the years, it took quite a few trips to move everything.  I've already discovered a few issues with the new space - one of the lights doesn't work (Facilities had better fix that), and I've got less storage space than I did before.  But all in all, I think it is an improvement from where I was before.  Here are my views now - facing south, and facing west.  Not exactly spectacular, but I get a lot more light now (not sure that is going to be a good thing on really sunny days).  Unfortunately an actual view of the Space Needle is hampered by a nearby building in the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment