Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Winter Storm

Once again, we have a big winter storm in the US causing loads of disruption.  This one is particularly newsworthy because places further down the West Coast - like San Francisco and SoCal - are going to see snow, which is highly unusual.  And we haven't missed out on the action either.  This was the sight that greeted me from my bedroom window this morning. 

We had absolutely no warning about this - there was no official winter advisory alerts until this morning, when it was happening.  Gee thanks.  Fortunately the daytime temperatures are warm enough that most of the snow - certainly on the roads anyway - had melted away by the afternoon.  So it's not like I'm snowed in.  But what do we have next in store?  The overnight temperatures are going to plummet well below freezing over the next few nights.  I'm going to be on hummingbird feeder duty, whereby I bring in some of my feeders each night to avoid them freezing up so that the hummingbirds will actually have something they can feed from when I replace them the next morning.  We might also see some some windy weather - earlier this week we had to deal with some big winds.  Fortunately I only lost power briefly, but the sound of the wind ripping through the trees around the house is starting to terrify me with the prospect of one of them coming down.  Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment