Friday, February 10, 2023

Cablephobia

I've had a frustrating week playing around with my TV and soundbar connections again, trying to optimize my set up.  And I realized a few things.  Firstly, despite my TV being relatively new (2019?) it is NOT equipped to deal with next generation consoles, like my PS5.  Secondly, I have to plug my Nintendo Switch into my soundbar rather than the TV to get proper sound from it.  And thirdly, I cannot plug my cable box into my TV because it messes up the sound for all the other equipment.  So, in other words, despite having all these output slots on my TV I have to plug everything into my soundbar - which is NOT how things should work.  And the soundbar doesn't have enough output slots, so I have to use an HDMI switcher.  And deal with an audio lag.  From all this, I have concluded I really need a new TV.  I've done my research, and know which one I want to get.  It ain't cheap - nearly $1500 with tax.  But I could get it from a local store immediately - so I put my back seat down and was all ready to go.  But then I thought I'd better check the TV will fit in my car.  I've still got the box from my last TV, so I brought that out and tested it out.  It did fit, but only when you lay the TV flat - which is NOT how you're supposed to transport the TV since it's likely to damage the screen.  So I haven't got a new TV.  Yet.  I think I need to get it delivered.  Annoying.     

No comments:

Post a Comment