Friday, February 24, 2023

Cold

Lordy, it is cold.  The last few nights have been well below freezing - it got as low as 21F last night (-6C) according to my weather app, but it felt a lot colder than that.  Never a good sign when I have to crank my heating up by a few degrees.  And it isn't fun stepping outside - especially in the morning.  It doesn't help that my house doesn't get a great deal of sunshine, so it doesn't warm up easily - most of the snow we had earlier this week has disappeared from my neighborhood, but not in the vicinity of my house.  At least the roads are fine, so I'm able to do some shopping - though the weather is at least a good excuse not to go into the office.  The temperatures are going to be a bit warmer over the weekend - but still around freezing.  But we have a couple of inches of snow forecast for Saturday night - so it will be interesting to see how things look on Sunday morning.  The weather forecasters haven't been doing a good job with this system - apparently they really screwed up with the Portland forecast, where they got hit hard (e.g. over 10 inches of snow at the airport, the forecast was for less than an inch!),.     

No comments:

Post a Comment