Sunday, February 5, 2023

Rodents

I have a mouse problem.  Again.  I've been hearing that infuriating scrabbling sound behind the wall.  So the mousetraps have been brought out of retirement.  In fact, there were some mousetraps still under the house from last time - and one had caught a mouse.  Judging by the accumulation of dust and the deterioration of the mouse, that was not a recent capture.  Yuck.  But I redeployed the mousetraps yesterday, and checked them today - and I managed to catch one last night.  Nice.  I thought that might be it for the time being, but then I heard the scrabbling sound again today - so there must be at least one more mouse under the house still.  The little buggers.  So the mousetraps have been primed again.  Judging by the continued scrabbling sounds through today, the remaining mouse hasn't taken the bait so quickly this time.  Hopefully the temptation of peanut butter on the traps will be too much.      

No comments:

Post a Comment