Saturday, February 4, 2023

Man Utd 2-1 Palace

I think it's fair to say that I am officially worried about Palace.  I can easily see us being dragged down into a relegation battle.  We're not scoring many goals, Zaha is injured (and hasn't signed a new contract) and we're not getting many points.  Although I think there are worse teams than us, the relegation fight seems wide open this year with any number of teams below us liable to string together some results or pick up points against each other.  The next run of games could be decisive: Brighton, Brentford, Liverpool, Villa, Man City, Arsenal.  All teams above us, all teams that could (and should?) beat us (arguably, and shockingly, Liverpool might be our best chance of getting some points!).  By the end of March, we might be in the thick of a relegation battle - and I'm not sure we've got the backbone to survive it.     

1 comment:

  1. Totally concur ref: Palace.

    Vieria & Roberts have very limited tactical acumen in my opinion - we could v. easily get found out from here. As you say, we will be closer to the relegation places after our next few fixtures.

    I also think we lack combatative "bite" when the going gets tough.

    Having now watched all the US Traitors, I wish to comment on your Jan post.

    Host - Didn't warm to Cummings, felt Winkleman was more empathetic to the contestants (both Faithful & Traitors) & was far more personally invested in the game. Cummings too aloof for me.

    Mix - The US mix of "C-listers" & "Nobodies" created an interesting dynamic - esp. early on. It made the US version better for the earlier episodes for sure.

    Gameplay - Agree with you on the UK desire to make friends / avoid conflict. Problem is that it's a conflicit game. What I really hated about the UK version was the repetitive "I don't know why I chose you" excuse, with was replaced by a much more palatable (to me) "I'm going to go with the group thinking" - which is in essence the same deal, but sounds less snivelly than the UK excuses.

    Next time - I agree that UK version # 2 will be more cut throat.

    Bizarre outcome - Although Cirie played a blinder, I'm amazed that the other contestants seem to massively overlook / ignore that the winner is a serially successful contestant on Survivor throughout the whole process (esp when the group didn't have a Scooby & were losing faithful in droves).

    Interesting - In BOTH versions, the most competent Traitor was a female. In the US version, the Traitor's strategy was slightly advanced tactially, just a step ahead of UK thinking (in my opinion).



    ReplyDelete