Friday, February 3, 2023

Bothell

While waiting for my car windscreen chip to be repaired, I took the opportunity to have a quick wander around downtown Bothell.  I've walked the Sammamish River Trail a few times, which starts near here, but I've not really explored the downtown area before, despite it only being about 10 minutes drive from home.  In fact, it was even closer to where I used to live before.  There definitely seemed to be some decent places to eat and drink that might be worth checking out if the opportunity arises - particularly if I walk the river trail again.  But I don't think the downtown area has fully recovered from the massive fire that ripped through the area about 7 years ago (and probably never will).  I remember that - it was a big one, and destroyed loads of businesses.  I thought there was a British pub here as well, but I couldn't find it - and subsequently have found out that it closed pre-pandemic (but it didn't seem to have particularly good reviews, so I don't feel I missed out on anything!).  But Bothell is the the kind of place I wished I lived within walking distance of - I don't really have anything like that where I am now.  I encountered some murals and street art, but this is the only one I photographed (mainly because it struck me as odd, because Woodland Park Zoo is not in Bothell, and is not really that close to Bothell!).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment