Thursday, February 16, 2023

NATO Straps

I'm not a watch guy.  I wear one every day, but I don't have a watch collection or anything.  However, this week I got myself a new watch.  I finally had enough of my old one - it was losing about 5 minutes a week, not much but enough to kind of annoy me.  It was an automatic watch, so maybe I wasn't moving my wrist enough (I'm sure there's a crude joke to be had there, but I wear my watch on my left wrist and I'm not left-handed!).  So what new watch should I go for?  As a James Bond aficionado, my old watch was kind of styled after a classic Bond watch.  But obviously a much cheaper knockoff, as I'm not prepared to pay thousands of dollars for some Rolex or Omega.  So after a bit of research, I went even cheaper this time.  I got a cheap Casio watch with a plastic strap.  But then I made the important decision to replace the plastic strap with a NATO strap.  So this is what I ended up with from a <$50 watch and a $10 watch strap:

Not bad right?  It looks a lot more expensive than it actually is.  And this also looks like a classic Bond watch.  I'm very happy indeed.  It was kind of interesting finding out NATO straps and the different ways you can wear them.  This black and grey combination is associated with Daniel Craig, but I think I might also buy a black/red/green combination which is more associated with Sean Connery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment