Thursday, June 27, 2019

Yay

Look what I won today!


Hmmm, why have I cropped out the plaque on the trophy from this photo?  Let’s have a closer look at that:


Runner-up?!  This is a participation trophy.  A first loser’s trophy.  I should throw it away (but I won’t because, and I can’t emphasize this enough, IT’S THE FIRST TROPHY I’VE EVER WON!!!!).  Considering my finger injury, I should be grateful I got a bye in the quarter-finals and a favorable draw and result in the semi-finals – though the final (against my nemesis) wasn’t even close.  That is what makes it so disappointing, right before the injury I was kicking his ass regularly.  With the injury, my game is definitely hampered.  I think it’s going to take a while for my finger to recover and get it’s full dexterity back – but hopefully I’ll be ready to win the next tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment