Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A minor detour back to politics

I today officially decided never to read any articles on the Huffington Post website ever again.  This had been a site I frequented often, particularly since Donald Trump took over.  Yes, everything they have is from an extremely liberal perspective – but if that meant even more Trump-bashing, then that was fine with me.  But now, as we gear up for the next election and the various Democratic contenders jostle to be Trump’s opponent, the website’s virulent anti-Joe Biden stance is finally forcing me away.  When will idiots like this realize than a really liberal opponent will NEVER beat Trump in an election.  Certainly not Bernie Saunders, nor Elizabeth Warren.  They don’t have a chance in hell.  You may not agree with all of Joe Biden’s positions, but as far as I’m concerned he is the only viable Democratic contender who can beat Trump – like it or not.  Democrats should not be concerned about satisfying the base – they should be concerned about putting forward an opponent who can beat Trump in those all-important swing states.  I can see him having a more liberal running mate, and perhaps that is what will be required for Democrats to endorse him.  But right now I don’t think there are any other viable contenders to challenge Trump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment