Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Beautiful Game

I haven't watched much of the Women's World Cup at all - and what I have seen has been absolutely terrible.  I mean the quality of football is utterly abysmal.  And women players want the same pay as men players - come on now.  The best women's team could not beat a single men's professional team, and it ,wouldn't even be close.  Perhaps it is unfair to compare the men's and women's game - but that is no excuse for the total lack of entertainment and quality I've seen in what little action I've caught (which was a game today that went to penalties).  It doesn't help that the American coverage is using American commentators and they are utterly useless - and we get to see all the failings of VAR, a system I hate and one I don't think we need or want.  Especially in an amateurish competition like this.  Not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment