Thursday, June 13, 2019

Heat Wave

Nope, climate change is definitely not a thing.  Invented by the Chinese.  It’s just sheer coincidence that yet another record was broken in Seattle yesterday – with temperatures reaching as high as 95 degrees (Fahrenheit – a quick plug into a conversion calculator shows that is 35 degrees Celsius).  Horribly hot – reminded me of what it was like most of the time in Austin, Texas.  And compare that to other parts of the US, which are currently suffering from flooding following record rainfall.  I’m glad I shelled out on a portable AC unit a few weeks ago.  I got to try it out for the first time last night – and it did help cool down my bedroom a little bit and help me get a slightly better night’s sleep, but not as much as I hoped.  I’m sure I’ll be trying it out again tonight, so let’s see if I can play around with the settings and set up to get it to work even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment