Saturday, June 15, 2019

Champs

As we are now in something of a sports vacuum, let me pass on my congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for winning the NBA championship.  It's not so much because I like them - though happy that they were able to bring the first basketball championship to Canada - but more importantly the Golden State Warriors lost.  I hate the Warriors, so was great to see them lose and in the manner they did (serious injuries to a couple of their stars).  Also, let me pass on my congratulations to the St Louis Blues for winning the Stanley Cup (ice hockey) for the first time.  Again, not so much because I like them but because they beat the Boston Bruins - and on principle I hate all teams from New England.  And I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Stanley Cup is the best cup in all of sports.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment