Sunday, April 7, 2019

Wrestlemania

I'm a grown-ass man who gave serious consideration to ordering Wrestlemania today - the biggest wrestling event of the year.  What is wrong with me?  Well I didn't order it in the end, so I can't be a totally lost cause.  However, that hasn't stopped me reading the results and match recaps on the internet.  I really should stop following wrestling.  I'm way too old and too intelligent for this trash.  And it has experienced a lot of criticism recently - from hosting events in Saudi Arabia to how it treats its wrestlers (basically as "independent contractors" rather than employees, so they don't need to pay for healthcare etc.).  But, inexplicably, wrestling remains as popular as ever here - and perhaps will only increase in popularity, because later this year they are going to start broadcasting wrestling on Fox, for the first time with a bigger audience of a network channel.  And, lest we forget, Donald Trump is an inductee in the Wrestling Hall of Fame.  That about sums up just how much of a joke it is.     

No comments:

Post a Comment