Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Diversity of Thought

Attended a “Diversity of Thought” training course today.  Biggest waste of 4 hours I’ve ever experienced.  I hate these HR courses at the best of times – and this was as bad as feared.  Think group/team exercises, group/team discussions, role play, a cacophony of meaningless HR expressions (“Building Psychological Safety”, “Mitigating Unconscious Bias”, etc.).  I only took the training because we were told it was mandatory by the head of my department – otherwise wouldn’t have touched it with a ten foot pole.  And my attention quickly drifted, must have checked the clock so many times counting down the minutes until I could get out of there.  I think Americans lap up this kind of horsesh*t, but I don’t.  My training handout has already gone in the bin, I don’t think I have learned anything or will ever apply anything that came out of this course, and I’ll have totally forgotten about it in a week’s time.  A great use of my time then.  Mandatory indeed… whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment