Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Apple Con

I think it might be time to get a new phone.  I’ve got an iPhone 6s, and I’m happy with it and it has served me well for many years.  But for the last week or so, I’ve started having some serious problems with my phone battery.  I’m noticing that my battery is draining really quickly, or at least it says it does.  But I think it is lying to me.  For example it might say my phone is at 1% battery, but then when I restart the phone it says 65%.  Weird.  So I might shell out on an iPhone XR.  And it ain’t cheap.  But needs must – and since my phone is also now my primary source for taking photos, I welcome the upgrade.  Let’s see – I’m going to charge my phone to 100% tonight and leave it unplugged overnight.  If the battery drain is really bad by the morning, I will commit to a new phone.  Then you have to add on all the accessories – a new case, new wireless headphones (no headphone jack – what?), etc etc.  Tim Apple (as President Trump ignorantly called the CEO) certainly knows how to take all your money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment