Tuesday, April 9, 2019

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Typical – in the busiest week of the year so far for me at work, I have come down with an ailment.  I have lost hearing in one of my ears.  It started over the weekend, I think when I dunked my head in the water during a bath.  And despite everything I’ve done so far, in particular using ear drops, it hasn’t got any better yet.  If anything, I’ve probably irritated it and made it worse.  I don’t know the cause – whether it’s just some wax buildup or something more serious.  But my goodness me, what a nightmare it is – making me feel uncomfortable and discombobulated, like I’m living underwater.  It is also affecting my ability to be aware of my surroundings – I nearly got hit by a car crossing a road today because I didn’t hear the car coming.  For my family members who suffer from bad hearing, I don’t know how you endure it because I can’t stand it – suck up your pride and get a hearing aid.  I’ve already decided I’m going to have to see a doctor in a day or two if it still hasn’t got any better, regardless of deadlines and how busy I am at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment