Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Traffic

The commute to and from work has been absolutely horrific since Thanksgiving.  Has it historically always been this bad?  I have no idea - but I think the wet weather is not helping.  At least it hasn't been cold yet, which makes it even worse.  But with the higher volume of traffic comes a higher volume of bad drivers, and I am very prone to road rage.  I've definitely exchanged a few hand gestures with some other drivers over the last few days.  I may not be a particularly great driver, but at least I know how to stop at a stop sign and to signal when I change lanes or make a turn.  Apparently that isn't something they teach at American driving school.  I read somewhere that Seattle drivers are considered to be some of the worst in the country - that comes as absolutely no surprise to me.  Thank god we don't have that many roundabouts round here - I've seen drivers go round them the wrong way, they just don't have a clue.   

No comments:

Post a Comment