Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Tipping Point

We had another “celebrity” talking at work today – not quite as high profile as previous guests like Elton John, this was Malcolm Gladwell.  Who I’m not sure many of you even know who he is.  Someone I know as an author and whom I’ve heard on several podcasts, and I think came up with the 10,000 hours thing for how long it takes for someone to become good at something (which is why I’m not good at anything!) amongst other things.  I’m trying to remember if I’ve read one of his books –I have a feeling I have, but a long time ago.  I enjoyed the conversation, maybe because I find the kind of topics that were discussed, things like sociology, psychology and statistics, very interesting – and he is a good thinker and a good communicator.  Definitely makes me want to revisit one of his bestsellers, or maybe give his podcast a listen.  Kind of odd to have this talk on the day of the mid-term elections, but whatever.  I shall not be following the election coverage tonight... the fact that anyone from the Republican Party gets elected at all is profoundly depressing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment