Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Cheapskate

I’ve just found out that one of the websites I frequent on a daily basis is moving to a digital subscription service.  I don’t care how relatively cheap it might be to subscribe - $5 a month or whatever – I absolutely refuse to pay to read news articles (in this case, culture/entertainment news) on the internet.  The Seattle Times – the best, and only, daily paper here - also works on a subscription service, and I hate the fact that I can’t go online to read it’s local news stories for free.  Yes, yes, the internet is killing journalism blah blah blah, but there are plenty of other ways to create income from online content without resorting to charging the consumer – I’m no fan of digital ads, but I appreciate their necessity.  So once again I will have to find an inferior website to fulfill my entertainment news fix.  Tragic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment