Thursday, November 8, 2018

Nomovember

So much for Movember.  Having left it untouched for a week, I shaved off my mustache – if you could call the bum fluff on the top of my lip that – yesterday.  It looked like the kind of growth you see on Hispanic teenage boys, or elderly Hispanic women.  I was embarrassed by it, and hated going into work with it – so it had to go.  I feel great shame in my inability to grow decent stubble and facial hair – does that make me less of a man?  I think I was probably just being too impatient – I think I needed to give it more than just a week for it to grow in properly, but I just couldn’t get past the straggly phase.   Probably the saddest thing was that not a single person commented on what was there – it was obvious I was trying to do something, so was it that bad that people were embarrassed to say anything?  I doubt I’ll try this again, so we’ll never know.  Here is a very unflattering close up photo of the mess before I shaved it off:

No comments:

Post a Comment