Monday, November 26, 2018

Nonsensical

I don't know whose stupid idea it was to have a deadline for a deliverable on the Monday after the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, but such are the joys of working at my company.  I had completed all my tasks well before Thanksgiving, but naturally was busy today working on a load of updates requested by other people because they had left their review of my work until the very last possible moment.  Utterly predictable, utterly frustrating.  I've actually been working really hard recently, and I think I've done more than enough to earn a promotion at the end of the year.  If I don't get it, I will really not be happy.  At all.

1 comment:

  1. "Deadline for a deliverable"

    All that's wrong with corporate capitalism summed up in one sentence.

    I LOATH the word "deliverable" it's crass & trite & just like the North American crayfish, it will flood the UK & destroy all indigenous competition.

    SDR

    ReplyDelete